An Ecopreneurial Journey #Part 1 - The Origins of Kambatik Ecopreneurship

 


An Ecopreneurial Journey # Part 1
-The Origins of Kambatik Ecopreneurship-
The idea of developing my own nature park called 'Kambatik Park' grew out of my sense of loss of the naturally wonderful times and environment of Bintulu in the 50's - 60's. I felt that I need to re-live those years in my own way by re-creating the environment and ecology of the Kampung life I experienced in Bintulu while I was a small boy. I used to visit my grandmother at Kampung Datuk located some kampungs away from my parent's kampung situated at Kampung Dagang, closest to the Bintulu town.
My walks along the kampungs were normally met by a rich green world of coconut trees, tall Nibong and Pinang trees, all sorts of fruiting trees and most significantly many types of exotic birds and animals. The Mosque which was located in the middle of all the kampungs had tall greenery around it. There were mudskippers and all kinds of fishes at the mudflats and shallow waters by the belian jetties, below the houses on stilts and around the Nipah palms growing on the river's edge.
That was the kind of experience that I enjoyed tremendously as a child.
When development creeped in during the late 70's, all that was natural in the kampungs gradually wiped out.
Thus in 2006 I decided to develop a nature park in order that I can experience the good life of the 60's.
I am happy to say that I have regained those lost times and have shared many wonderful moments of the place through blogs and facebook postings to everyone around the globe.
It is difficult but we have to be the change to give meaning to sustainable and green living.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lowland Forest rainforest ecology

Pinnacle of passions

Greenifying businesses – the four Ps and marketing challenges